Bhapa Doi or Steamed yogurt is an extremely popular Bengali dessert to put a sweet ending to a satisfying meal. Although it may sound exotic, it is incredibly simple to make. Different flavoring can be used to make Bhapa Doi, even no added flavor tastes divine. My take on the classic dessert:
Lemongrass and kaffir lime infused Bhapa doi:
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 2 cups Hung curd
- 1 tsp Lemongrass very finely minced
- 2-3 Kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Lemon rind
- Whisk condensed milk and hung curd to a smooth consistency.
- Add lime juice, lemongrass, and lemon rind. Mix well.
- Pour into ramekin molds.
- Bake in an oven at the lowest setting (100-120 degrees ) for 35-40 mins.
- Leave it in the oven for half hour. Chill well before serving. Super easy.
Enjoy cooking and do share your cooking experience with me. Till then stay tuned for more recipes on Happy Tummies Around the World.