Bhapa Doi or Steamed yoghurt is an extremely popular Bengali dessert to put a sweet ending to a satisfying meal. Although it may sound exotic, it is incredibly simple to make. Different flavouring can be used to make Bhapa Doi, even no added flavour tastes divine. My take on the classic dessert:
Lemongrass and kaffir lime infused Bhapa doi:
- 1 cup condensed milk,
- 2 cups hung yoghurt,
- lemon grass very finely minced -1 tsp,
- kaffir lime leaves – 2-3 very finely chopped,
- 2 tsp lime juice,
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- Whisk condensed milk and hung curd to a smooth consistency.
- Add lime juice, lemon grass, and lemon rind. Mix well.
- Pour into ramekin molds.
- Bake in an oven at the lowest setting (100-120 degrees ) for 35-40 mins.
- Leave it in the oven for half hour. Chill well before serving. Super easy.